Remove this ad

#2981 [url]

Jul 18 13 8:49 AM

@HelixI have degrees in engineering (Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D.) from the top tier institutions in India and the US. It would suffice to say that I would be considered as someone whose intellect and maturity were way beyond my years. But, in spite of all this, I fell into the trap and was slaving away for someone who did not even have the time, courtesy or inclination to connect with me. If you closely observe the people around him, only those that have power, influence, money and are movers and shakers in their own right have access to him - others are mere cogs in his wheel of fortune! Have you ever asked yourself this question - Why does every self appointed godman/guru/swami run to the WEST (particularly the US) the moment he has figured out a tool/technique to bestow so called 'enlightenment'. There are so many people in India itself and surrounding countries in that continent, and even worse people in a continent or two between India and the US that would do much better by being offered the elixir to human suffering. But why don't they put all their energies there rather than coming sprinting to the US? Because, this is the most fertile market for their products consisting of high dollar paying gullible fools like several of us on this forum. Everywhere else people are in penury and won't give them anything else but 'blessings' - of no value on the economic scale!Moreover, several of the members here have gone 'there' and 'experienced' it as you refer to it in your last statement. We are all wonderful and blissful in our own right with or without ISHA's doing. Part of being wonderful and blissful is not being judgmental about others' state of being, Work on your own , isn't that what they teach you at Isha?

-please_make_it_happen

@please make it happen 

Isha has been in India for over 30 years, it's only recently that more and more programs started happening in the US. It was first westerners who went there (not the opposite way around - so it's more like people have dragged Isha to the US). Secondly, Isha charges higher in the US as people can afford it, most programs in India are free, especially in the rural areas. Other aspects such as Project Greenhands is centered on planting trees and there is also much medical help going out to people in poorer areas. I don't know where you might have got your conclusions from but it wasn't well researched.

Sadhguru does not own any money, and the foundation consists of volunteers who work without pay but are there to support the foundation itself and all the program costs. It's not a profit-geared organization. Obviously you have to make an "organization" of some sort, but it is in no way a cult.  

Furthermore, yes you are right, it has been said that you should not be judgemental about others' state, however I can't believe that people are slandering a man who's done so much good for humanity and society. It's disappointing that some people only realize how great a person such as Sadhguru is after he has died. This happened to many others through history, Jesus, Buddha etc. There will always be opposition from people who are in this forum - you are just too skeptical. As I mentioned earlier, even a through and through skeptic, when his life begins to end will wonder if there is actually some substance to spiritual gurus.  

I agree, there have been some very crazy "gurus" and some cannot be trusted. I used to trust nobody until I met the man himself, and I can assure you he is something out of this world. I understand that you might not see this, but take heed that for 30 years he has not been late or cancelled a single Isha Yoga program. His dedication is phenomenal, obviously no regular person can do this. 

@regular

Yeah I'm sorry for being blunt in that post. 

1. Studies show that most people in the US are on anti-depressants, definitely your first statement is correct. 

2. My experience of Sadhguru and the ashram was amazing, I loved it. Your second point is right as well, I'd love for people to come and see it. 

3. I was being blunt, but I couldn't see how people were criticizing Isha. 

4. Yes he is supreme and more than good. 

5. People volunteer because they see something wonderful. You know, not all the people in the world are stupid, they can see if they are wasting their lives on something and Isha was something worthwhile. 

6. Oh yes you definitely are! 

This forum does not have many members. And out of those, only a few have experienced Isha. There are millions of volunteers and many, many more followers, and I don't see how you can form arguments from such a small range of people. Your views are narrow. If a million people said the same thing, I may be inclined to agree, but this is such a small minority.   

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2982 [url]

Jul 20 13 12:48 PM

Helix,

Welcome to the world of the brainwashed!  Your apology for Isha calls for a response.

Isha exploits its so-called volunteers by making them, in many cases, slave labourers.  This is often a characteristic of a cult.  The price these volunteers pay is huge: lost jobs, lost families, estranged spouses and children, not to mention poor health.   I have personally witnessed this.  It is because of them that I post on this forum.

Mr. Vadsudev has de-facto, if not de-jure, control over the myriad assets of his various entities.  Title to these assets and properties need not be in his personal name for him to enjoy the benefits of this wealth.  And this wealth is staggering and growing rapidly, and to what avail?

How do you know he is supreme and good?  Is it because you want to believe what you were told?  In the 1930's, many people - more educated than you at your tender age of 20 - believed that Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin were supreme and good.  I think you and I can agree that these people were mistaken.  Time to think independently.

Now onto another subject: Veracity.

Mr. Vasudev claims Isha is not a religion.   Yet, it is truly Shaivism, with its adoration of Lord Shiva.  So why the pretense?  Isha has more than its share of tantric rituals, magical thinking, superstitions, icons, monks, temples, etc.
You know the old saying, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then it is a duck."  Well, Isha sure looks like a religion to anybody other than an Ishite.  It is a religion, with Mr. Vasudev as high priest.

Have a good day,

Gurulover

Quote    Reply   

#2983 [url]

Jul 22 13 12:40 AM

Helix,Welcome to the world of the brainwashed!  Your apology for Isha calls for a response.Isha exploits its so-called volunteers by making them, in many cases, slave labourers.  This is often a characteristic of a cult.  The price these volunteers pay is huge: lost jobs, lost families, estranged spouses and children, not to mention poor health.   I have personally witnessed this.  It is because of them that I post on this forum.Mr. Vadsudev has de-facto, if not de-jure, control over the myriad assets of his various entities.  Title to these assets and properties need not be in his personal name for him to enjoy the benefits of this wealth.  And this wealth is staggering and growing rapidly, and to what avail?How do you know he is supreme and good?  Is it because you want to believe what you were told?  In the 1930's, many people - more educated than you at your tender age of 20 - believed that Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin were supreme and good.  I think you and I can agree that these people were mistaken.  Time to think independently.Now onto another subject: Veracity.Mr. Vasudev claims Isha is not a religion.   Yet, it is truly Shaivism, with its adoration of Lord Shiva.  So why the pretense?  Isha has more than its share of tantric rituals, magical thinking, superstitions, icons, monks, temples, etc.You know the old saying, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then it is a duck."  Well, Isha sure looks like a religion to anybody other than an Ishite.  It is a religion, with Mr. Vasudev as high priest.Have a good day,Gurulover

-gurulover

Hello from the world of the brainwashed! I'm sure that what I wrote was not an apology in any way, I just wanted to make some points clearer. 

Your view of slave labor must be distorted as that description is just a stab in the dark. Isha does not "exploit" any volunteers and the volunteers are not "asked" to do anything, in fact the meaning of the word "volunteer" means that they themselves (out of their own discretion) help set up and organize programs. Poor health? Lost jobs? I think that you must be referring to people who come from other places as this does not happen at Isha. Anyone can leave at anytime, and if you haven't had any personal experience with Isha, I think that you shouldn't be posting here. 

Much of your post after this consists of made up arguments that can work for any old so called religious groups. You are again just stabbing in the dark. Mr. Vasudev does not own any money at all, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. 

So you are comparing Sadhguru to Stalin or Hitler? The dictators who slaughtered millions? I think that at this point you are growing fairytail-ish. 

And your last point is wrong too. Shiva stands for "no-thing" and it is a formless divinity which is not expressed in any way except from a "Linga" which I'm sure you must have heard of somewhere. That is due to the fact that the first form energy takes is of an ellipsoid, and that is the closest thing to nothingness. This is scientifically proven. I don't see how you could call this a "God" in any sense. He's not drawn or painted or worshiped. The Dhyanalinga temple, a representation of Shiva, has no worship whatsoever; people sit quietly around it. 

"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then it is a duck." I think that can just be countered with "Don't judge a book by its cover." Or maybe people who create opinions by first glances are just frivolous and foolish. 

I think that your post is more blind than logical. Thanks, have a good day too. 

Quote    Reply   

#2984 [url]

Jul 22 13 6:57 AM

Another delusional Isha ite. Many of us have experienced the nonsense calked Isha yoga and have seen through the deception. You can't wake us up or educate us when you're asleep delusional and worship a com man like jaggi. Give us a break.

Quote    Reply   

#2985 [url]

Jul 22 13 7:01 AM

You're retorts only sound like jaggi aphorisms. We've heard them before. Get some original thoughts and stop sounding and looking like parrot. Sitting by the dhyanalingam has not awoken you. Sleep and be controlled.

Isha cult is mind control. Better to not even know what it is as so many have found out. Crooks n criminals taking advantage of sincere spiritual seekers with absolute nonsense.

Quote    Reply   

#2986 [url]

Jul 26 13 10:41 AM

Hi All,

Whatever was published in the 150 pages of this Forum was available on my blog http://zaysen.blogspot.in/2011/04/sadhguru-jaggi-vasudev-his.htm. On 16th July 2013  Google was served Legal Notice to remove my blog. Today the third rate criminals at Isha Foundation have hacked three e-mail ID's of mine in order to know what I am doing. They put an alternative Mobile # in my account and it was shown as Airtel GSM Operator of Coimbatore Tamil Nadu State India.

Two E-Mail ID's I Restored but one is gone!

So this is the enlightenment, & Bliss that Sri Jaggi Vasudev promises to his followers. If you wish to get my old blog post kindly visit http://zaysen.wordpress.org 

Regards
Colonel Zaysen 

Quote    Reply   

#2987 [url]

Jul 27 13 11:55 AM

Reply To Rookie Post Dated 22-July-2013 07:40 AM

Kindly visit this site http://priyankawriting.com/2009/10/my-life-isha-yoga-center.html and read all the comments published by others on Priyanaka's site about the inside status of Isha Foundation. She was forced & bullied to work in the ashram by the Swami's Incharge. Many people have lost their jobs, careers, family because of Isha and SJV. Please visit page 54 & 57 of this forum and see that Isha Victim's Spouse who visited the india ashram, for getting his Asthma Cured, his body was made to shrink into a skeleton with 2 months of stay. And SJV himself endorses this nonsense in his videos.  

After reading her experience Isha Ashram is not an Ashram but just another Forced Slave Labour/Death Camp operated by the Nazi's In world war II at Auschwitz Birkenau by the Nazi's. The only thing missing are the Gas Chambers and Krematoriums.

So If u r not one of the insiders in the ashram please save yourself when u have time on your hands and keep miles away from Isha and SJV.

I would like to correct my earlier post as above. my complete blog is available on http://zaysen.wordpress.com 

Zaysen2011

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#2988 [url]

Jul 30 13 8:55 AM

Dear Zaysen,

As always, please take sufficient precautions to safeguard your well being. Being a local i.e indian you are closer to Jaggi's reach than some of the other commentators who live elsewhere. I hope also that all is right with all our regular commentators and that life is treating them well.

An interesting video put out by the Isha corporate office. From this video tt seems the enlightened master is suggesting that greed is actually good and beneficial for society. At 1.10 he says he's in favour of businesses growing "unbridled" but with taxation such that all can "naturally benefit". I don't intend to start a debate of whether greed is good or bad, but wasn't it Jaggi who said that it would be the over industrious ones who would destroy the planet ??  In his own words from here
http://www.ishafoundation.org/Ishakriya/FAQs ( Last paragraph,in response to FAQ # 4, " why is this being offered online")

""If you do too much of external engineering, we will not have a planet left. It is time that human energies are turned inward so that they can engineer themselves and not cause any damage to the outside. There is lot of work to do inside. If we don't open that dimension on a large scale to the effervescent, very industrious societies on the planet, their industry will destroy the planet.""

Maybe now the master should now change the  name of isha yoga to isha yoga pvt. ltd., and should start giving some remuneration to the volunteers and brahmacharis/nis so that his "success" as an "enlightened" "spiritual master" can be of some material good to those who have worked hardest for it for so little material return. Afterall doesn't charity begin at home ??

A doubt in my mind is, given his negative attitude towards the consumption of alcohol, meat, tea and coffee , the pharmaceutical business and the armament industry, all of which add up to billions in trade, does he also approve of "unbridled" growth of the same .

From the link : http://www.hindu.com/mag/2009/03/15/stories/2009031550330800.htm

""Vasudev’s conversation is punctuated with remarks that reveal a taste for the dramatic quote. “Look at our industries,” he laments. “The biggest one is armaments, next comes pharmaceuticals and then alcohol. The first puts you on the way to death, the second pretends to pull you back, and the third gets you there for sure!” ""

It's quite a sight though, seeing the owner of a not-for-profit organization, which employs it's own customers of non tangible products as voluntary labor for its activities, and which enjoys tax free status, dispensing advice to the corporate world and governments to focus on profit making and taxation. Corporates should really learn from a  master businessman such as  this one is and what's more when the Sadhguru speaks it's as if Shiva has himself spoken.......and if disagree with him, then you disagree with Shiva himself.

Quote    Reply   

#2989 [url]

Aug 2 13 6:36 AM

Isha is the safest place for both men and women. It is the unique place where females are treated greatly in the world.women can safely walk in night freely...i am proud to be isha volunteer that for the past 10 years it is the only organization that even hav crossed single sex scandals.ya i accept isha have some land problems. in india u can arrast anyone with law bcoz no one can fallow exact law, even the supreme court judge hav bought a land for fake amount....plz dont spoil isha name.... if u dont like means just quit it but dont do wrong thing.... he is real SiVa....guruve saranam.....

Quote    Reply   

#2990 [url]

Mar 12 15 10:55 AM

Isha Foundation the So-Called Safest place for people

Another Mysterious Suicide or Murder Inside Isha Ashram as details Received below via E-Mail:A Bhramachari[Celibate Monk} named Swami Ekagra alias Vivek from coonoor tamil nadu india aged 27 of isha yoga center said to have committed suicide inside the ashram yesterday. His body was cremated in Isha's new Krematorium in veerakeralam - coimbatore. He was working in accounts department and came to know the financial irregularities done by Jaggi Vasudev. So he insisted his parents and his brother who are also inmates of Isha to get out of this nonsense place. They refused to come out and didn't believe this poor boy. Out of frustration he tried to escape from that place 2-3 times. But got caught and finally he is dead under mysterious circumstances.His father is made to say that his son is a psychiatric disorder person and only for treatment they are staying in isha ashram for 10 long years and he says he is not a bhramachari. He changed his name in gazette out of his own interest from his original name vivek s/o selvam and chithra

Quote    Reply   

#2991 [url]

Jun 7 15 10:07 AM

Hi Zaysen - thanks for the update on the latest isha death / tragedy. Can you provide the source of the information on the latest death you posted about? How did you come about the information? I'm just hoping to give those considering joining or taking isha courses a more tangible reason for reconsidering.

Thanks very much for your help!

Quote    Reply   

#2992 [url]

Jun 7 15 9:36 PM

zaysen2011 wrote:
Another Mysterious Suicide or Murder Inside Isha Ashram as details Received below via E-Mail:A Bhramachari[Celibate Monk} named Swami Ekagra alias Vivek from coonoor tamil nadu india aged 27 of isha yoga center said to have committed suicide inside the ashram yesterday. His body was cremated in Isha's new Krematorium in veerakeralam - coimbatore. He was working in accounts department and came to know the financial irregularities done by Jaggi Vasudev. So he insisted his parents and his brother who are also inmates of Isha to get out of this nonsense place. They refused to come out and didn't believe this poor boy. Out of frustration he tried to escape from that place 2-3 times. But got caught and finally he is dead under mysterious circumstances.His father is made to say that his son is a psychiatric disorder person and only for treatment they are staying in isha ashram for 10 long years and he says he is not a bhramachari. He changed his name in gazette out of his own interest from his original name vivek s/o selvam and chithra

Nice to see the thread alive and well after all this time!  Thank you zaysen2011, Paul, Gurulover, wanderer and others for the insightul comments!  Read every one of the last 100 or so pages!

zaysen, you mention that you received the above via email.  Has the information been authenticated, or at least reported in the media?  It would be most interesting to find out!  

Quote    Reply   

#2993 [url]

Jul 8 15 10:48 AM

this guy seems pretty sincere.  listen especially to what he says about the guru and money from 7:50 onward.

[url=

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help